NCERT class 3 English chapter 3
Class 3rd Question & Answers from (NCERT)
A Little fish Story
Article I. Reading is fun
- How Many fish are there in the sea?
- Why was the little fish unhappy?
- What happened to the fish one day?
- Why was the fish thankful to be a little fish?
Article II. talk time
- Imagine you are a little fish. Describe what you might see around you.
- In your class, talk about the time you were caught doing something you were not supposed to do. You can discuss in your own language as well as in English.
Article III. word building
- Look at the pattern and
Look – Looked Talk – __Talked__
Pick – __Picked__ Wish – __Wished__
Bark – __Barked__ Pull – __Pulled__
Want – __Wanted__ Help – __Helped__
- Fill in the blanks with the right word from the box.
Paper Flowers Water Matches Cows Wolves
A glass of __water__ a bunch of __cows__
A box of __flowers__ a herd of __wolves__
A sheet of __paper__ a pack of __matches__
Article IV. let’s write
- Look at the following sentence.
If I were only larger, how much happier I could be.
Make more sentences like this using the words in the box.
Taller thinner smaller cleverer younger older
- If I were only ____taller ____how much happier I could be.
- If I were only__ older in my siblings, how much happier I could be_,
- If I were only cleverer in my class how much happier I could be.
- If I were only younger instead of my big brother, how much happier I could be.
- If I were only thinner in my fatty friends then, how much happier I could be.
- If I were only smaller in my house, how much happier I could be.
Article V. Song Time
Singing or Crying?
Mahesh sings a little song.
Venkatesh looks at him.
“Why are you crying, Mahesh?” he asks.
Mahesh says, “I’ m not crying.
I’m singing an English song!”
- Choose the right words.
- Mahesh sings a __little__ (long/little) song.
- Venkatesh __looks__ (looks/shouts) at him.
- Venkatesh thinks Mahesh is __crying__ (crying/laughing).
- Mahesh is __singing__ (singing/saying) a song.
- The song is in __English__ (Telugu/English).