NCERT class 3 English unit ix (2) question
Class 3rd Question & Answers from (NCERT)
HE IS MY BROTHER
Article I. rEADING IS FUN
- Where were the people going?
Ans.: The people were climbing a small hill to go to a holy place.
- What did the man say to Meena?
Ans.: The man said to Meena why she was crying the load of a boy on her back.
- Why do you think Meena was carrying her brother?
Ans.: Meena was carrying her brother because he was unable to walk and loved him.
Article II. Talk time
- Choose the correct answer.
- What went up the hill?
(a) A Path. (b) A Street, (c) A Road (d) A Rail line
- What is the name of the girl in the story?
(a) Seema, (b) Beena, (c) Meena, (d) Nina
- How old was Meena?
(a) Ten, (b) Twelve, (c) Nine, (d) Eight
- How old was Meena’s Brother?
(a) Five ( b) Four , (c) Six, (d) Sevem
Article III. let’s write
Fill in the blanks using the correct given words
Rat Sip Box Rug Cot Den Pit
- The boy fell in the _Pit_.
- I _sip_ hot milk.
- The kid is in the _Cot_.
- My toy is in the _Box_.
- The lion is in the _Den_.
- The cat runs after the _Rat_.
- I sit on the _Rug_.
Fill in the blanks with the opposite of the underlined word given in the sentence.
- The rat ran _in_ when the cat ran _out_.
- The lion is _big_ but the ant is _small_.
iii. The giraffe has a _long_ neck but owls’ are _short_.
- The sun appears in the _day_ and the moon at _night_.
- The tea is _hot_ but the bushes are _Cold_.
- Trees are _tall_ but the bushes are _short_.
vii. Ram was _sad_ But Radha was _happy_.
Article IV. Team time
- What are the difficulties that a child who can’t see will face?
- He will not be able to play with other children.
- He will face problem while crossing the road.
- He will not be able to watch television.
- He will not be able to work on a computer
- Would you help a child who can’t walk to school?
- Yes I would definitely help such a child.
- How can you help such a child and make the child feel one of you?
- I will give him my support so that he may not feel any problems in reaching the school. I will talk to him like a good friend. I will laugh with him. In this way I will make him feel one of us.
Activity – A Game
- Blindfold a child with a cloth. He /she must try to catch the other children. Whoever is caught has to be blindfolded next.