NCERT class 3 English unit ix question answer
Class 3rd Question & Answers from (NCERT)
Article I. reading is fun
- How old is the speaker?
Ans.: The Speaker is young child yet.
- Who are ‘they’ and ‘them’ in the poem?
Ans.: ‘They’ and ‘them’ are the parents of the child or grown-up people.
- What is the secret the speaker is hiding?
Ans.: He is hiding that he is really giant from inside.
Article II. Talk time
- Think of three things that ‘they’ won’t let you do.
Ans.: They won’t allow me to go to market alone, they won’t allow me to handle electric appliances, and they won’t allow me to bug gas stove.
- What are the things you’d like to do when you are grown-up that you can’t do now?
Ans.: Handling electrical appliances, driving bikes or cars, travelling alone, washing my clothes, using my personal mobile phone, surfing etc.
Article III. Word Building
- Using the letters of the given word, make three word.
One is done for you.
Blackboard Mother Vegetable Thousand Helicopter
Black _Other_ _Get_ _Sand_ _Help_
Board _Her_ _Table_ _and_ _Pilot_
Back _Moth_ _Able_ _Hand_ _Pet_
- Look at these words in the poem.
Don’t I’m I’ll
Here are their full forms:
Don’t – Do not I’m – I am I’ll – I will
- Now write the full forms of the following words.
Can’t -_Cannot _ it’s – _It is_ isn’t -_It is not_
What’s – _What is_ that’s – _That is_
- Make sentences using the following
He’s she’s you’re we’re
- He’s my best friend.
- She’s so sweet and innocent.
- You’re very intelligent guy.
- We’re in a same school, in a same class, even in the same age.
iii. Now write about two thinks you’ll do when you grow up.
You can begin like this:
When I grow up I’ll _go out of India for job, and hopefully want to stay there for the long time._
_When I grow up I’ll travel everywhere alone._
_When I grow up I’ll drive my car._
Article IV. team chart
- Class Word Chart – How many new words have you learnt?
Write Down three words you have learnt so far. Write them down on a chart or blackboard. Tell their meanings to the class.
Article V. say loud
Choose and tick the words with a ‘j’ sound
- January goose gem jam
- Jacket giraffe grow July
- Giant grapes grey June