NCERT class 3 English unit vii question answer
Class 3rd Question & Answers form (NCERT)
Little Tiger, Big Tiger
Article I. reading is fun
- Tick the right answer
- Where did the mother tiger and her small tiger cub live?
- Near a river near a forest
- Near a mountain near a sea
- What did the mother tiger hunt when the sky was dark?
- Sheep and goats deer and pigs
- Fish and frog donkey and horses
- What did the tiger cub catch one night?
- A Deer A Pig
- A Frog A Cat
- What happened to the little tiger cub when he chased the frog?
Ans.: One night he chased the frog and caught it, and turned to show his mother. But she was not in sight. Instead he saw a tiger, bigger than his mother, near him in the jungle.
Article II. word building
- Match the animals with their young ones.
Horse – Foal
Dog – Puppy
Cat – Kitten
Cow – Calf
Pig – Piglet
Tiger – Cub
Sheep – Lamb
Goat – Kid
Duck – Duckling
- Word Game: Can you place these letters in their right order to from the names of animals?
e.g. a t c – Cat
s e m o u __Mouse__
r e s o h __Horse__
o i n l __Lion__
p e s h e __Sheep__
r e d e __Deer__
l u b l __Bull__
g i t e r __Tiger__
f o l w __Wolf__
- The animals/birds in Column A have to reach their homes in Column B. find out where they live.
A Bee lived in Hive
A Ant lived in Ant hill
A Duck lives in Pond
A Tiger lives in Den
A Rabbit lived in Burrow
A spider lived in Web
A Sparrow lived in Nest
Article III. let’s write
- Now write six sentences from the pictures given in exercise (iii) of word building. One has been done for you below.
- 1. A tiger lives in a den.
- 2. He has a strong teethes and bigger in side.
- 3. A Honey Bee is very small in a size and very dangerous, it gives us sweet and tasty honey.
- 4. Rabbit lives in under the ground and loved to eat carrot.
- Duck can swim easily on the water.
- 6. A sparrow is a very small and sweet bird, it speaks early in the morning and its sounds like good.
Article IV. Talk Time
The little tiger cub slipped away when his mother was asleep. He soon got into trouble. Tell the class about a similar incident when you did not listen to your parents and found yourself in trouble.
Article V. team time
- Make groups. One person from each group should act like:
- The mother tiger The cub
- The large male tiger 4. The frog
- The sambhar/kakar deer 6. The langur monkey
Now act out the story, first in your own language and then in English.