NCERT class 3 Math-magic chapter13 solutions
Chapter-13 Smart Charts!
Page no.- (177)
Flowers of different colours:-
Have You been to a park?
What Coloured flowers did you see?
Were most of the flowers yellow in colour?
Look at the different flowers in the picture. Complete the table:-
|Colour of Flowers||Number of flowers|
Page No. (178)
Draw the right flower. write how many these are.
- _Purple_ are the most in number. How many?_10_
- _Orange_ are the least in number. How many? _5_
- _Red_ are more than _Orange_
- _Purple_ are more than _Bule
What do see on Road?
Look at the traffic scene in the picture and fill in the table.
|Way of Travel||How many|
Answer the following questions:-
- In the pictures which way of travel do you see the most? _Bike_
- Which way of travel (vehicle) do you see the least? _Bull Cart_
- The number of people walking is more than the number of _Scooter_
- The number of Buses is less than the Number of _Tractor
How many times do you get 6?
Have you played any games with dice?
How many dots are there on the different faces of a die?
- Throw a die.
- Look at the number of dots you get on the face of your die.
- For each throw draw a mark / in front of that number in the table.
- Throw the die 30 times and mark in the table each time.
For example, Rabia threw her die 30 times. She got 3 dot face five times. In her table she marked: /////
Now fill in the Table:-
|Face of the Die||Number of Times (/ for each throw)|
|.(1 Dot Face)||////|
|..(2 Dot Face)||//////|
|…(3 Dot Face)||//|
|….(4 Dot Face)||/////////|
|…..(5 Dot Face)||/////|
|……(6 Dot Face)||////|
- which face of the die did you get the most number of times? _….(4_Dot Face)_
- How many times did ……(6 Dot face) come up? _4 _ times.
- ….(4 Dot Face) came up more times than …..(5 Dot Face)_
Find out people Around You:-
- Talk to People around you about their favourite sweet.
Fill in the table:
|Favourite Sweet||Number of People|
From the above table answer The following:
- Most favourite sweet __Laddoo__
- Least favourite sweet __Kaajukatli__
- __Rasgulle__ is liked more than __Jalebi__
- __Rasmali__ is liked more than __Rasgulle__
- __Barfi__ is liked more than __Rasmalai__
- __Laddoo__ is liked more than __Barfi__
- Ask your friends about the number of People living in their homes. Fill in the Table.
|Number Of People Living Together||How many Families.|
- Most Families have __4__ People living in their home.
- The smallest number of people living in a home is __8 people
- The number of families having 4 people __16
Page no. (183)
What have your classmates brought for launch today? Find out and note down.
|Food Item||Number of Stdents|
- Food item brought for lunch by the biggest number of students __Biscuits__
- Food item brought by the smallest number of students __Fruits__
Page no. (184)
Getting Smart with Charts:-
| Attendance Board
|Class||Number of students||Students Present||Students absent|
This board shows the number of students in each class. It also shown the number of students present and absent.
- How many children in all are there in the school? __121__
- How many children in all are absent on that day? __12
This is a chart to show the number of absent students. Each absent students is shown by O.
- In the chart show the absent students of Class V.
Now look at the chart and fill in the blanks:-
- The class with the highest number of absent students is __IV__
- The class with the least number of absent students is __II
- The class with 3 students absent is __III__
- The number of students absent in class IV and Class V are __04__ and __02
Page no. (185)
How Long is your hand?
- Make a group of 4 friends.
- Cut strips from waste paper. The strips should be of the same Width.
- Measure the length of each student’s hand with the paper strip. Cut the strip and write the name of the student.
Rohan, Jocab and Geeta also measure their hands. they stuck their strips as shown.
Look at the picture and fill in the blanks:-
- The length of Jocab’s hand is __more__ (more/less) than Geeta’s hand.
- The length of Geeta’s hand is __more__ (more/less) than Rohan’s hand.
- __Jacob__ has the longest hand.
- __Rohan__ has the shortest hand.
In the chart below stick the strips of all the friends in your group. keep some space between the strips.
Children Coming to School:-
Look At the picture and fill in the table:-
|Way Of Coming||Tractor||Rickshaw||On Foot||Bicycle||Bus|
|Number of Students||03||08||09||05||10|
Fill in the blanks:-
- The most students come to school by __10__
- The number of students Walking to School is __more__ (more/less) than the students coming on bicycle.
- The least Students come to school by __Tractor__
So, isn’t this a smart chart! by simply looking at it we can know so much. let us make more such charts.
Page no.- (189)
|Vegetable Dislike||Number of Students|
Use this table to draw faces in the chart below. Draw O for each child on top of the vegetable disliked.
- The Most disliked vegetable is __Broccoli__
- The vegetable Disliked by very few children is __Potato