NCERT class 4 English unit 5 Question answer
UNIT-5 Don’t be Afraid of the Dark
Reading is fun
- What is the poem about?
Ans.: This poem is all about to Don’t Afraid of the Dark
- What happens when the day is over?
Ans.: When the day is done, the Earth must rest.
- What does the earth do when the day is over?
Ans.: Earth goes to the rest when the day is over.
- What does the poet want us to do at night?
Ans.: Poet wants to do be the friends with the night, he said there is nothing to fear.
- Are these sentences TRUE or FALSE?
(a) The poet tells the child to be afraid when it is dark. _False_
(b) The poet says that stars will always shine at night. _True_
(c) The poet tells the child to think of friends after it is dark. _True_
- Word building
Moon + light _Moonlight_ Break + Fast _Breakfast_
Good + night _Goodnight_ Day + break _Daybreak_
Night + fall _Nightfall_ Rain + bow _Rainbow_
- Find a word in the poem which is the opposite of –
War _Peace_ Enemies _Friends_ Gentle _Harsh_
Light _Dark_ Night _Day_ Start _End_
- Look at these words in the poem
Here are their fill forms-
Don’t – Do Not Won’t – Will not
Now, write the full forms of the following words
Didn’t _Did not_
Shouldn’t _Should not_
Wouldn’t _Would not_
Couldn’t _Could not_
Mustn’t _Must not_
- Let’s talk
- Are you afraid of the dark? Why?
Ans.: ‘No” I’m not afraid of the dark.
- What do you do when it is Dark?
Ans.: I prefer to join Mom and Dad like as same as I do.
- Have you ever been very frightened? Tell your partner about it.
Ans.: Do with your friend!