NCERT class 4 English unit -6 question answer
The Scholar’s Mother Tongue
- Reading is fun
- Who came to Akbar’s court?
Ans.: A learned Pundit
- What did he claim to know?
Ans.: He told the King and his courtiers that he had mastery over so many different languages.
- How did challenge everybody?
Ans.: He challenged everybody at the court to name his mother tongue.
- Let’s talk
- What is your mother tongue?
Ans.: My mother tongue is Hindi.
- Tell the class a Jock in your mother tongue.
Ans.: I will as possible as I should be.
- Do you know any other language? Do you know a joke in English? Tell your friends.
- Let’s listen
Listen to your favourite advertisement on the radio or T.V. Repeat it with stress on the words. Act, draw and write the advertisement.
- Word Building
- Tick (√) the words which end with the sound id. Say each
Accepted Answered Irritated Failed
Completed Challenged Cried (√) Surprised (√)
Find (√) Licked (√) Celebrated Fried (√)
- Write all the words that show you are happy.
For example: Hurray, Ha! Ha!
_Yeah_ _Yippy_ _Wow_
- Tick the right answer –
(i) ‘I visited the court of Akbar’ means
(a) You always live there.
(b) You came there for a short time. (√ )
(c) You were born there.
(ii) To imitate someone means to.
(a) Copy someone (√)
(b) Tease someone
(c) Make someone angry
Look and fill the columns. One has been done for you.
Quiet Quietly _Sad_ _Sadly_
Fluent _Fluently_ _Fierce_ _Fiercely_
Angry _Angrily_ _Gentle_ _Gently_
Match the words in Column ‘A’ with words in Column ‘B’.
King – Courtiers
Teacher – Students
Doctor – Patients
Bus Driver – Passengers
Lawyer – Clients
Mother – Children