NCERT Solution class 6 Science Chapter-2
CHAPTER – 2
FROM HUNTING-GATHERING TO GROWING FOOD
- Complete the sentences:
ANS 1 :-
- Hunter – gatherers chose to live in caves and rock shelters because they provided shelter from the rain, heat and wind .
- Grasslands developed around 1200 years ago.
- Why do people who grow crops have to stay in the same place for a long time ?
ANS 2 :-
People who grow crops have to stay in the same place for a long time because the field had to be looked after the plants had to be watered and plants had to
- Why do archaeolgists think that many people who lived in Mehrgarh were hunters to start with and that herding became more important later ?
ANS 3 : –
Archaeologists thik that many people who lived in mehrgarh were hunters because they found bones of many kinds of animals from earliest levels. These included bones of wild animals such as deer and pig. In the levels they found more bones of sheep and goat and in still later levels, cattle bones are more common.
- Why did the hunter – gatherers travel from place to place? In what ways are these similiar to/ different from the reasons for which we travel todays ?
ANS 4 : –
The hunter- gatherers travelled from place for following possible resons :
- To search for food once the available animal and plants resources had exhausted.
- Animals move to one place to another place. Hunter – gathers might move to another place while hunting them.
- Plants bear fruits in different seasons. They might move season to season in search of these plants and fruits .
- Some rivers and lakes are seasonal. People living near to these regions moved to other places when these areas dried up.
- They might travel to meet their friends and relatives.
Now-a-days pepole travel for different resons. They usaually travel for picnics, businesspurposes, meet their friends and relatives and visit places for leisure.
- List three ways in which hunter- gatherers used fire . would you use fire for any of these purposes todays ?
ANS 5 :-
The ways hunter – gathers used fire are :
- They used fire to scare away animals.
- To cook meat.
- To warms themselves during the cold weather.
- Used as as a source of light.
- List three ways in which the lives of farmers and herders would have been different from that of hunter – gatherers.
ANS 6 :-
Three ways in which the live of farmers and herders would have been different from hunt – gatherers are :
- Hunt – gatherers keep moving form place to place in search of food while farmers and herders grow their food from their living place.
- Hunt – gatherers did not bulid any permanent houses mostly they live in caves while farmers and herders build huts and houses.
- Hunt – gatherers had no role in protecting animals and plants while famers and herders protect animals and plants .