NCERT solution class 7 chapter -Transportation in Animals
NCERT solution class 7 chapter -Transportation in Animals and Plants
Transportation in Animals and Plants
Q1. Match structures given in Column I with function given in Column II.
|Column I||Column II|
(iii) Root hairs
(b) Transport of water
(c) Absorption of water
(d) Transport of food.
- Fill in the blanks:
(i) The blood from the heart is transported to all parts of the body by the body by the —- arteries —- .
(ii) Haemoglobin is present in —- red blood —- cells.
(iii) Arteries and veins are joined by a network of —- capillaries—- .
(iv) The rhythmic expansion and contraction
(v) The main excretory product in human beings is —- urea—
(vi) Sweet contains water and. —- salts —-
(vii) Kidneys eliminate the waste materials in the liquid form called —- urine —- .
(viii) Water reaches great heights in the trees because of suction pull caused by —- transpiration—- .
Q.3.Choose the correct options:
(a) In plants, water is transported through
(i) Xylem (ii) Phloem (iii) Stomata (iv) Root hair
(b) Water absorption through roots can be increased by keeping the plants
(i) In the shade (ii) in dim light (iii) under the fan (iv) covered with a polythene bag
Ans.(a) (i) Xylem (b) (iii) under the fan
Q4. Why is transport of materials necessary in a plant or an animal? Explain.
Ans.Transport of materials is necessary for plants or animals because due to it the nutrients and oxygen are made available to all the parts of the body. If the transport of necessary nutrients and oxygen does not take place in the body, the body will not be able to survive.
Q5.What will happen if there are no platelets in the blood?
Ans. The blood platelets are responsible or the clotting of the blood. When some injury occurs blood starts flowing. But it clots on its own. If there are no platelets, the blood will not be able to clot and keep on flowing. Huge loss of blood ultimately causes death.
Q6.What are stomata? Give two junction stomata.
Ans. Tiny pores present on the leaf surface are known as stomata.
Functions of stomata
- Helps in exchange of gases
- Evaporation of water through leaves occurs due to stomata.
Q7. Does transpiration serve any useful function in plants? Explain.
Ans. Transpiration serves the following functions in plants
- It helps in lowering temperature of plants, thus preventing heat injury of plants.
- Helps in transpiration pull, which helps in raining water in higher plants.
- It also causes loss of water absorbed by plants.
Q8. What are the components of blood?
Ans.There are four components of blood:
(i) Plasma is a liquid part of blood which is yellowish in colour and contain 90% water. It contains food, enzymes, wastes and proteins etc
(ii) Red blood cells are disc shaped cells containing red coloured pigment called haemoglobin in it. Haemoglobin helps in transportation of oxygen.
(iii) White blood cells are the fighting cells which protect us against bacteria and foreign materials causing infections.
(iv) Platelets help in clotting of the blood
Q9. Why is blood needed by all the parts of a body?
Ans. Blood is needed by all the parts because it contains the digested food and oxygen in it. It supplies the oxygen and digested food to various parts of the body to provide essential energy to them which helps the body to perform various functions
Q10.What makes blood look red?
Ans. A red pigment called haemoglobin gives the blood its red colour. This pigment helps in carrying oxygen to various parts of the body by blood
Q11. Describe the function of the heart.
Ans. The right auricle and ventricle receive blood with carbon dioxide from all parts of the body. The collected blood is then pumped to the lungs for the purification. In lungs, the exchange of gases takes place and purified blood is sent back to left auricle. It pumps it to the left ventricle, which in turn pumps off the purified blood to all parts of body through arteries
Q12. Why is necessary to excrete waste products?
Ans. Certain waste and toxic products are formed during functioning of body cells. The waste products like urea etc. are toxic. When these toxic materials are not removed from the body, they get mixed with blood and can damage the cells of body. It is necessary to remove such poisonous waste materials from our body.
NCERT solution class 7 chapter -Transportation in Animals and Plants Transportation in Animals and Plants Q1. Match structures given in…
- DDUGU Recruitment 2021 : शिक्षण स्टाफ 117 पद आवेदन पत्र अंतिम तिथि – 07.05.2021
- Kaun Banega Crorepati 13 Registration: Become entitled to access KBC hotseat
- NWDA Recruitment 2021 : 62 अपर डिवीजन क्लर्क, लोअर डिवीजन क्लर्क,आशुलिपिक रिक्ति ऑनलाइन फॉर्म के लिए आवेदन करें / अंतिम तिथि – 25.06.2021
- UKMSSB Recruitment 2021 : 15 एसोसिएट प्रोफेसर और असिस्टेंट प्रोफेसर पद
- AIIMS Gorakhpur Recruitment 2021 : 127 ग्रुप ए फैकल्टी पदों के लिए अधिसूचना जारी / अंतिम तिथि :- 08.06.2021
- uan login
- car decoration Images for wedding2
- car decoration for wedding1
- TPSC Recruitment 2021 : अधिसूचना 164 जूनियर चिकित्सा अधिकारी जीडीएमओ
- अक्षय तृतीया की कथा सुनने से होगी धन, वैभव, ऐश्वर्य की प्राप्ति
- Big question: how ready is the country to save children from
- BHEL Haridwar Recruitment 2021 : विभिन्न विभागों में पीटीएमसी पद की 15 रिक्तियों के लिए अधिसूचना जारी / अंतिम तिथि – 24.05.2021
- Petrol diesel rate of May 13: Jaipur, Jodhpur, Alwar, Bikaner, Udaipur, Ajmer did not increase the price of oil !
- REET 2021 : Is the Rajasthan Reit Exam postponed again,
- Third wave of corona is dangerous for children,
- BPSC 66TH Mains Admit Card 2021 : Mains Exam Chek here
- SBI Clerk Pharmacist Admit card 2021 Direct Link here
- Let’s Learn English / Numbers / Singular Plural / English Grammar / For Primary Students
- Grammar + Spoken / Lets Learn English / Grammar / Sentences / subject / predicate / type of sentence !
- NID Haryana Recruitment 2021 : विभिन्न पदों की 27 रिक्तियों के लिए अधिसूचना; विवरण की जाँच करें / अंतिम तिथि – 19.07.2021
- NOTICE Writing / Format / How to write notice in English