NCERT Solutions For Class 6 Science Chapter – 7
- by Dev Bhardwaj
NCERT Solutions For Class 6 Science Chapter – 7
Q1. Correct the following statements ans rewrite them in your notebook.
- Stems absorbs water and minerals from the soil.
- Leaves hold the plant upright.
- Roots conduct water to the leaves..
- The number of petals and stamens in a flower is always equal.
- If the sepals of a flower are joined together, its petals are also joined together.
- If the petals of a flower are joined together, then the pistil is joined to the petal.
- Roots absorbs water and mineral from the soil.
- Stems hold the plant upright.
- Stem conducts water to the leaves.
- The number of petals and sepals in a flower
- If the sepals of a flower are joined together, then its petals may or may not be joined together.
- If the petals of a flower are joined together , then the stamen may or may not be joined to the petal.
Q2. Draw a) a leaf b) a taproot c) a flower
Q3. Can you find a plant in your house or in your neighborhood, which has a long but weak stem ? Write its name. In which category will you place it?
The money plant has a long and weak stem. It comes under the category of climbers. Climbers are plants that readily take support on neighbouring structures a they have a weak stem.
Q4. What is the function of the stem?
The main functions of a stem in plants is that it helps in the conduction of water and minerals from the roots to the leaves and other parts of plants. It also provides support to branches, leaves,flowers,fruits, and buds of plants.
Q5. Which of the following leaves have reticulate venation ? Wheat,tulsi,maize,grass,coriander , china rose
The leaves of tulsi,coriander, and china rose have reticulate venation whereas maize,grass,and wheat have parallel venation. In leaves with reticulate venation, the veins are arranged in a net – like pattern In parallel venation, the veins are arranged parallel to one another.
Q6. If a plant has fibrous root, what type of venation do its leaves have ?
Plants with fibrous root have parallel venation in their leaves. For examples, grass,maize,etc. Have fibrous roots with parallel venation.
Fibrous roots with parallel venation.
Fibrous roots have thin and moderately growing branches arising from the stem. Parallel venation, on the other hand, has leaves in which the veins are arranged parallel to each other.
Q7. If a plant has leaves with reticulative venation, what kind of roots will it have?
Plants with reticulate venation in their leaves are likely to have tap roots. For example, a carrot or a rose plant has leaves with reticulate venation and its roots are called tap roots.
Taproots and reticulate venation
In taproot, there is one main root known as the tap root’ that grows straight down from the stem. It also has smaller roots known as lateral roots In leaves with reticulative venation, the veins are arranged in a net – like pattern.
Q8. Is it possible for you to find out whether a plant has taproot or fibrous root by looking at the impression of its leaf on a sheet of paper ?
Yes we can recognize leaves without seeing them. You can look for the type of roots of the plant and identify the type of leaf. If the plant has fibrous roots, then its leaves have parallel venation and if the plant has taproots then its leaves have reticulate venation.
Q9.What are the parts of a flower.
A flower consists of sepals,petals,stamens,and pistils. A stamen has two parts called the anther and the filament. A pistil has three parts called the stigma,style,and ovary.
Q10. From the following plants, which of them have flowers ? Grass,maize,wheat,chilli,tomato,tulsi,peepal,shisham,banyan,mango,jamun,guava,pomegranate.papaya,banana,lemon,sugarcane,potato,groundnut.
The given examples are flowering plants. But , in some plants such as tulsi, pipal,sugarcane,etc the flowers are not visible. They are so small they take cannot be seen with naked eyes.
Q11. Name the part of plant which produces food. Name the process.
The part of plants which prepares food is it leaf. Leaves of a plant prepare food in the presence of sunlight. The process of making food by utilizing water and carbon dioxide in the presence of sunlight is called photosynthesis.
Q12. In which part of a flower , you will find the ovary ?
Pistil is the part of the flower that contains the ovary.
Q13. Name any two plants in which one has joined sepals and the other has separate sepals.
Flowers with joined sepals are Periwinkle and Hibiscus Flower with separated sepals are Rose and Magnolia.
NCERT Solutions For Class 6 Science Chapter – 7 Q1. Correct the following statements ans rewrite them in your notebook.…
- RPSC RAS Recruitment 2021: 988 रिक्तियों के लिए अधिसूचना जारी / अंतिम तिथि – 27.08.2021(postpone)
- UKSSSC Recruitment 2021: कार्टोग्राफर और सर्वेयर ऑनलाइन फॉर्म / अंतिम तिथि – 16.09.2021
- NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Math Chapter – 7 Exercise – 7.1
- NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Math Chapter – 5 Exercise – 5.1
- NCERT Solutions For Class 10 MATH Chapter – 7 Exercise – 7.2
- NCR RRC Recruitment 2021: प्रयागराज अपरेंटिस ऑनलाइन फॉर्म / अंतिम तिथि – 01.09.2021
- CBSE 10th Result 2021 Date-Latest News On CBSE 10 Result
- NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Math Chapter – 6 Exercise – 6.6
- JAC 12th Result 2021: Date, Jharkhand Board Arts Science Commerce
- Kamika Ekadashi 2021: सावन मास की पहली एकादशी 4 अगस्त को है जाने शुभ मुहूर्त और पारण का समय
- Mata Laxmi Upay लक्ष्मी माता की कृपा पाने केलिए इन 10 उपाय करने वाले हो जाते है. मालामाल।
- GSEB HSC Result 2021: Date Arts, Commerce , Topper List
- MP Board 12th Result 2021: Class 12 Result Declared
- CPCB Recruitment 2021: निजी सचिव और वरिष्ठ तकनीकी पर्यवेक्षक पद / अंतिम तिथि – 30.08.2021
- Ministry of Defence Recruitment 2021: 458 ट्रेड्समैन मेट, जोए, एमए पदों के लिए आवेदन करें / अंतिम तिथि – 06.08.2021
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 29-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 29-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 29-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 29th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 29-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 29.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Admit Card
- Bharkhadi Hindi
- Board Results
- Company Law
- Dry Fruits
- Games download
- Hindi Varnmala/हिदी वर्णमाला
- Income Tax
- latest sarkari yojana
- Learn English
- Learn Hindi
- LIC Policy
- NCERT Solutions
- Tour travel
- vart kathaye
- Vegetable & Fruit name english or hindi
- घरेलु नुस्खे
- फलों के फायदे
- सरकारी योजना
- हिंदी व्याकरण