NCERT Solutions for class 7 English Poem – 5
NCERT Solution for class 7 English Poem – 5 Trees
Q 1 What are the games or human activities which use trees, or in which trees also “participate’?
Ans. Children use trees for their games. They make tree houses and play “hide and seek’ behind the trees. Trees play an important role also while adults are spending some time at leisure. Under the shade of the trees, they have their tea parties and they also become a befitting Subject matter for painting.
Q 2. “Trees are to make no shade in winter.” What does this mean? (Contrast this line with the line
“Trees are for apples to grow on, or pears.” Do you agree that one purpose of a tree is to have fruit on it?
(Or) Do you think this line is humorous?
Ans. During summers, the trees provide cool shade. In winters, this shade is not required. So people stand under the open sun to enjoy its Warmth,
One purpose of the trees is to provide fruits like apples, pears and so on. This line is not humorous. Humans do rely on trees for food.
Q 3. With the help of your partner, try to rewrite some lines in the poem, or add new ones of your own as in the following examples.
Trees are for birds to build nests in.
Trees are for people to sit under.
Now try to compose a similar poem about Water, or air.
Ans. Trees are for birds to build nests in. Trees are for people to sit under. Trees are for those leisurely hours to enjoy the beauty of nature, Trees are for the homemakers to beautify their house. Trees are for the sick ones to derive their medicine from. Trees are for everyone because to every person a tree has some gift to offer.
Extra Question :-
- What does trees make mothers and fathers say as mentioned ?
Ans. The trees make mothers say “What a lovely picture to paint!” and make fathers say “What a lot of leaves to rake this fall!”. The trees are so important for living beings for many things.
- What are a few of many things that the trees are meant for and to whom, as discussed ?
Ans. Trees are for birds, children, to make tree houses in, to swing swings on, for the wind to blow through, for kids to hide behind in the game ‘Hide and Seek’, for apples to grow on, and pears, adults to have tea parties under, for kites to get caught in etc… Further, trees are to make cool shade in summer and are to make no shade in winter.
- What does the phrase “to rake this fall” ?
Ans. The word ’fall’ (in American English) means the same as autumn when trees shed their leaves. ‘To rake’ is to sweep or put away. Hence, the phrase means that it’s quite a job to rake heaps of dead leaves day after day to keep the place clean.
NCERT Solution for class 7 English Poem – 5 Trees Q 1 What are the games or human activities which use…
- Sarkari latest jobs 2021/ सरकारी नौकरी
- UP Barabanki District Aganwadi Recruitment 2021
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English chapter 10the story of cricket
- Russia Sputnik V Registration In India, vaccine
- KV Admission List 2021-22 : Class 1 लॉटरी ड्रा
- NCERT Solution for class 7th English Poem-8
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English chapter 8Fire
- NCERT Solution for class 7th English Chapter 9
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English Poem 9Garden Snake
- Pmgky प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण अन्न योजना
- HBSE 10th Result 2021
- Covid Vaccine Free In India for All 18+ age
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi yojana List 2021
- Vat Savitri vart 2021 वट सावित्री
- Namo tablet yojana online registration
- UPSC NDA 2 Notification out online
- RPSC SI Recruitment 2021 : सब इंस्पेक्ट
- NCERT Class 7 English Book pdf Download Honeycomb
- PM garib kalyan yojana 2021
- CISF Notification 2021:- Recruitment
- Ayurveda treatment cost