NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English Poem 7
NCERT Solutions of Class 7 English Poem 7 – Dad and the Cat and the tree
A Working with the Poem
Q 1. Why was Dad sure he wouldn’t fall?
Ans. The Dad was sure he wouldn’t fall because he was a good climber.
Q 2. Which phrase in the poem expresses Dad’s Self-confidence best?
Ans. “Right just. Leave it to me.” “Easy as winking to a climber like me.”
Q 3. Describe Plan A and its consequences.
Ans. According to Plan A, father would have reached the tree top with the help of the ladder. However, the ladder slipped and father fell on
Q 4. Plan C was success. What went wrong then?
Ans. Even though Plan C was a success, it did not work out as planned. The moment the father reached the tree top, the cat jumped and touched the ground and was again out of father’s reach.
Q 5. The cat was very happy to be on the ground. Pick out the phrase used to express this idea.
Ans. “Smiling and Smirking.”
Q 6. Describe the Cat and the Dad situation in the beginning and at the end of the poem.
Ans. At the Onset, the cat was stuck on the tree and father was confident to be able to drive it away. By the time the poem ended, the cat was free and the father got stuck in the tree.
Q 7. Why and when did Dad say each of the following?
(ii) Never mind
(iii) Funny joke
Ans. 1.When his wife warned him against falling, father with a great surprise said “fall?”
2.Having fallen to the ground, the father did not give up and brushing the dirt from his hair and clothes said, “never mind.”
3.When his wife again warned him against falling while he was executing Plan B, he found his wife’s warnings to be a “funny joke.”
- After the second fall, when his wife intervened saying that he might break his neck, he again dismissed her concern by saying, “rubbish.”
Q 8. Do you find the poem humorous? Read aloud lines which make you laugh.
Ans. Of course. The poem is full of humour. The narrator’s father falling over and over again was quite humorous.
(a) “the cat gave a yell/ and sprang to the ground.”
(b) “it slipped. He landed in the flower bed.”
Also Read :- हिंदी व्याकरण के मुहावरें के लिये नीचे दिये लिंक click करे
NCERT Solutions of Class 7 English Poem 7 – Dad and the Cat and the tree A Working with the Poem…
- Sarkari latest jobs 2021/ सरकारी नौकरी
- UP Barabanki District Aganwadi Recruitment 2021
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English chapter 10the story of cricket
- Russia Sputnik V Registration In India, vaccine
- KV Admission List 2021-22 : Class 1 लॉटरी ड्रा
- NCERT Solution for class 7th English Poem-8
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English chapter 8Fire
- NCERT Solution for class 7th English Chapter 9
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English Poem 9Garden Snake
- Pmgky प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण अन्न योजना
- HBSE 10th Result 2021
- Covid Vaccine Free In India for All 18+ age
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi yojana List 2021
- Vat Savitri vart 2021 वट सावित्री
- Namo tablet yojana online registration
- UPSC NDA 2 Notification out online
- RPSC SI Recruitment 2021 : सब इंस्पेक्ट
- NCERT Class 7 English Book pdf Download Honeycomb
- PM garib kalyan yojana 2021
- CISF Notification 2021:- Recruitment
- Ayurveda treatment cost