NCERT Solutions for class 7 English Poem 9Garden Snake
NCERT Solution for class 7 English Poem 9 – Garden Snake
Working with the Poem
Q 1. Answer the following questions.
Pick out the line that suggests that the child is afraid of snakes.
Which line shows a complete change of the child’s attitude towards snakes? Read it aloud.
“But mother says that kind is good…” What is mother referring to?
“I saw a snake and ran away.”
“I’ll stand aside and watch him pass.”
The mother is referring to the garden snake.
Find the word that refers to the snake’s movements in the grass.
Q 3. There are four pairs of rhyming words in the poem. Say
(a) Good, food
(b) Pass, grass
(c) Away, say
(d) Mistake, snake
Q 4 A snake has no legs or feet, but it moves very fast. Can you guess how? Discuss in the group.
Ans. A snake wiggles and that’s how it moves very fast although it does not have legs or feet.
Q 5 Can you recall the word used for a cobra’s long sharp teeth? Where did you come across this word first?
Ans. The word used for cobra’s long sharp teeth is “fangs”. I have heard this word while watching Discovery channel.
Q .Who is the poet and what was his initial reaction to seeing a snake?
Ans. Muriel L. Sonne is the poet When the poet saw a snake, he ran away thinking it is dangerous.
Q .What did the poet’s mother tell him regarding the snake ?
Ans. The poet’s mother told him that the garden snake is a good kind and not dangerous. Also, it eats up only insects for its food. So, the poet stood confidently aside and saw it pass by.
Q .What thought can be drawn out about snakes ?
Ans. The thought that all snakes are dangerous should be drawn out from reading the poem. Although, some are and most are not. Moreover, the garden snake is just a harmless snake.
- Why did the narrator run away seeing the garden snake?
Ans. The narrator thought the snake to be dangerous and out of fear ran away.
Q .What does a garden snake eat?
Ans. A garden snake survives on insects
NCERT Solution for class 7 English Poem 9 – Garden Snake Working with the Poem Q 1. Answer the following questions.…
- Chhattisgarh board class 12 Exam result 2021 declared
- Order & Chaos Online 3D MMORPG Game Download
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 25-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 25-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 25-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 25th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 25-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 25.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Kolkata FF Fatafat Result today live 25.7.2021
- Agricultural Scientists Recruitment 2021: ASRB प्रशासनिक अधिकारी AO, वित्त और लेखा अधिकारी F&AO ऑनलाइन फॉर्म / अंतिम तिथि – 23.08.2021
- AP Inter 1st Year Results 2021 Date, First Year Manabadi Result
- RBSE 12th Result 2021 declared : Arts, Commerce, Science Name Wise
- TN 12th Marksheet Download 2021: Online Tamilnadu +2 Provisional Certificate
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 24-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 24-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 24-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 24th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 24-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 24.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Kolkata FF Fatafat Result today live 24.7.2021
- AP Inter 2nd Year Results 2021: (examresults.ap.nic.in) Manabadi Second Year Marks Memo
- Admit Card
- Bharkhadi Hindi
- Company Law
- Dry Fruits
- Games download
- Hindi Varnmala/हिदी वर्णमाला
- Income Tax
- latest sarkari yojana
- Learn English
- Learn Hindi
- LIC Policy
- NCERT Solutions
- Tour travel
- vart kathaye
- Vegetable & Fruit name english or hindi
- घरेलु नुस्खे
- फलों के फायदे
- सरकारी योजना
- हिंदी व्याकरण