NCERT solutions for class 7 science chapter- 18
NCERT solution class 7 chapter -18 Wastewater story
Science vii chapter -18
Q1. Fill in blanks:
(a) Cleaning of water is a process of removing —- pollutants —-.
(b) Wastewater released by houses is called —- sewage —-.
(c) Dried —- siuge —- is used as manure.
(d) Dried get blocked by —- chemicals —- and —- kitchen waste —-.
Q2. What is sewage? Explain why it is harmful to discharge untreated sawage into river or seas.
Ans. Sewage is a liquid containing wastes which is disposed by households, industrial and agricultural activities in water. It is harmful to discharge untreated sewage into rivers or seas because
Q3. Why should oils and fats be not released in the drain? Explain.
Ans. Oils and fats should not be released in drains because they harden the soil in the pipes and block them. Fats get clogged in holes of the soil in the drain and block it. It does not allow the water to flow.
Q4. Describe the steps involved in getting clarified water from wastewater.
Ans. Following steps are involved in the purification of water:
(i) Firstly all the physical impurities like stones, plastic bags, cans etc. are to be removed. It is done by passing the water through bar screens.
(ii) Then water is taken to grit and sand removal tank where impurities are removed by sedimentation.
(iii) Solid impurities and feaces etc. are collected from bottom of water. These impurities collected are called sludge.
(iv) Clarified water is cleaned of other impurities by aerator. All disease causing bacteria are removed by chlorination.
Q5. What is sludage? Explain how it is treated.
Ans. Sludge is the collected solid waste from the wastewater during the treatment in water treatment plant. Sludge is decomposed in a separate tank by the anaerobic bacteria. Activated sludge is used as manure.
Q6. Untreated human excreta is a health hazard. Explain.
Ans. Untreated human excreta can cause a lot of health related problems. It pollutes water, air and soil. The polluted water contain disease causing bacteria which can spread epidemics like cholera, meningitis etc.
Q7. Name two chamicals used to disinfect water.
Ans. Chlorine and ozone
Q8. Explain the function of bar screen in a wastewater treatment plant.
Ans. Bar screens clear the wastewater of all the physical impurities. Large size waste like napkins, plastics, cans etc. are removed from the wastewater through the bar screens.
Q9. Explain the relationship between sanitation and disease.
Ans. Sanitation and disease are related to each other. Sanitation involves proper disposal of sewage and reuse from hou$e and public places. If sanitation is not there various types of disease will occur and spread. So sanitation should be kept to avoid disease.
Ans. As active citizen we should take care of our personal environmental sanitation. We should make people aware of the benefits of sanitation. We should help municipal corporations to cover all the open drains and remove disease causing substances thrown in open.
NCERT solution class 7 chapter -18 Wastewater story Science vii chapter -18 Wastewater story Q1. Fill in blanks: (a) Cleaning of…
- Sarkari latest jobs 2021/ सरकारी नौकरी
- UP Barabanki District Aganwadi Recruitment 2021
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English chapter 10the story of cricket
- Russia Sputnik V Registration In India, vaccine
- KV Admission List 2021-22 : Class 1 लॉटरी ड्रा
- NCERT Solution for class 7th English Poem-8
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English chapter 8Fire
- NCERT Solution for class 7th English Chapter 9
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English Poem 9Garden Snake
- Pmgky प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण अन्न योजना
- HBSE 10th Result 2021
- Covid Vaccine Free In India for All 18+ age
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi yojana List 2021
- Vat Savitri vart 2021 वट सावित्री
- Namo tablet yojana online registration
- UPSC NDA 2 Notification out online
- RPSC SI Recruitment 2021 : सब इंस्पेक्ट
- NCERT Class 7 English Book pdf Download Honeycomb
- PM garib kalyan yojana 2021
- CISF Notification 2021:- Recruitment
- Ayurveda treatment cost