NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Exercise – 5.2
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter – 5 Data Handling Exercise – 5.2
Q1. A survey was made to find the type of music that type of music that a certain group of young people liked in a city.
Adjoining pie chart shows the finding of this survey. From this pie chart, answer the following:
- Which type of music is liked by the maximum number of people?
- If a cassette company were to make 100% CD
- how many of each type of would they make?
- 10% represents 100 people.
20% represents = ( 100 x 20 ) / 10 = 200
200 people were surveyed.
- Since 40% of the total people surveyed liked night music and no other form of song liked more than that, we can conclude that light music is liked by the maximum number of people
- CD of classical music = ( 10 x 1000)/100 = 100
CD of semi classical music = ( 20 x 1000)/100 = 200
CD of light music = ( 40 x 1000)/100 = 400
CD of folk music = ( 30 x 1000)/100 = 300
Q2. A group of 360 people were asked to vote for their favourite season from the three
Season rainy , winter and summer.
- Which season got the most votes ?
- Find the central angle of each sector.
- Draw a pie chart to show this information
- According to the table given in the question , Winter season got the most votes.
- Central angle of summer season = ( 90 x 360)/360 = 900
Central angle of rainy season = ( 120 x 360)/360 = 1200
Central angle of winter season = ( 150 x 360)/360 = 1500
Q3. Draw a pie chart showing the following information. The tables shows the colours preferred by a group of people.
Here , central angle = 3600 Total number of people = 36
Q4. The adjoining pie chart gives the marks scored in an examination by a student in Hindi, English , Mathematics , Social studies and Science If the total marks obtained by the students were 540 , answer the following questions.
- In which subject did the student score 105 marks?
( Hint : for 540 marks , the central angle = 3600 So, for 105 marks, what is the central angles ? )
- How many more marks were obtained by the student in Mathematics than in Hindi?
- Examine whether the sum of the marks obtained in Social Science and Mathematics is more than that in Science and Hindi. ( Hint : Just study the central angles).
- The student scored 105 marks in Hindi.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics = 135 Marks obtained in Hindi = 105 Difference = 135 – 105 = 30
Thus, 30 more marks were obtained by the student in Mathematics than in Hindi.
- The sum of marks in Social Science and Mathematics = 97.5 + 135 = 232 .5 The sum of marks in science and Hindi = 120 + 105 = 225
The sum of the marks in Social Science and Mathematics is more than that in Science and Hindi.
Q5. The number of students in a hostel , speaking different languages is given below . Display the data in a pie chart.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter – 5 Data Handling Exercise – 5.2 Q1. A survey was made to find…
- Chhattisgarh board class 12 Exam result 2021 declared
- Order & Chaos Online 3D MMORPG Game Download
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 25-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 25-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 25-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 25th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 25-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 25.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Kolkata FF Fatafat Result today live 25.7.2021
- Agricultural Scientists Recruitment 2021: ASRB प्रशासनिक अधिकारी AO, वित्त और लेखा अधिकारी F&AO ऑनलाइन फॉर्म / अंतिम तिथि – 23.08.2021
- AP Inter 1st Year Results 2021 Date, First Year Manabadi Result
- RBSE 12th Result 2021 declared : Arts, Commerce, Science Name Wise
- TN 12th Marksheet Download 2021: Online Tamilnadu +2 Provisional Certificate
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 24-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 24-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 24-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 24th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 24-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 24.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Kolkata FF Fatafat Result today live 24.7.2021
- AP Inter 2nd Year Results 2021: (examresults.ap.nic.in) Manabadi Second Year Marks Memo
- Admit Card
- Bharkhadi Hindi
- Company Law
- Dry Fruits
- Games download
- Hindi Varnmala/हिदी वर्णमाला
- Income Tax
- latest sarkari yojana
- Learn English
- Learn Hindi
- LIC Policy
- NCERT Solutions
- Tour travel
- vart kathaye
- Vegetable & Fruit name english or hindi
- घरेलु नुस्खे
- फलों के फायदे
- सरकारी योजना
- हिंदी व्याकरण