NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Science Chapter – 15
- by Dev Bhardwaj
NCERT Solutions Fr Class 8 Science Chapter – 15
Q1. Which of the following cannot be charged easily by friction ?
- A plastic scale
- A copper rod
- An inflation
- A woollen cloth.
(b) A copper rod cannot be charged easily by friction.
Q2. When a glass rod is rubbed with a piece of silk cloth the rod
- And the cloth both acquires positive charge
- Becomes positively charged while the cloth has a negative charge.
- And the cloth acquire negative charges.
- Becomes negatively charged while the cloth has a positive charge.
(b) becomes positively charged while the cloth has a negative charge
Q3. Write T against true or false in the following statements.
- A charged glass rod attract a charged plastic straw (T/F)
- Lightning conductor cannot protect a building from lightning (T/F).
- Earthquakes can be predicted in advance (T/F).
Q4. Sometimes , a cracking sound is heard while taking off a sweater during winters. Explain
A cracking sound is heard while taking off a sweater during winters because of electric discharge where positive and negative charges meet, releases some energy in the form of streak of bright light and sound.
Q5. Explain why a charged body loses it charge if we touch it with our hand.
A charged body loses its charge if we touch it with our hand because of earthing. Our body is a good conductor of electricity so, there is charge transfer from the charged body to the earth.
Q6. Name the scale on which the destructive energy of an earthquake is measured. An earthquake measures 3 on this scale. Would it be recorded by a seismography? Is it likely to cause much damage?
The destructive energy of an earthquake is measured on the Rither scale. If an earthquake measures 3 on this scale then it would be recorded by a seismography and it is not more likely to cause much damage.
Q7. Suggest three measures to protect ourselves from lightning.
Three measures to protect ourselves from lightning are:
- We should not use telephone cords , electrical wires and metal pipes instead use and cordless phones.
- Bathing should be avoided during thunderstorms to avoid contact with running water.
- If you are outside,then stay far away from tall trees,poles or other metal objects.
Q8. Explain why a charged balloon is repelled by another charged balloon whereas a uncharged balloon is attracted by another charged balloon ?
A charged balloon is repelled by another charged as they both have same charges ans as we know like charges repel each other, while an unchanged balloon has no charge and is different from the charged balloon hence they attract each other.
Q9. Describe with the help of a diagram an instrument which can be used to detect a charged body.
An electroscope device is used to determine whether an object is carrying charge.
When the metal strips repel each other proves that the body id charged because repulsion is the sure test to detect that a body is charged or not.
Q10. List three states in India where earthquakes are more likely to strike.
Three states in India where earthquakes are more likely to strike are:
Q11. Suppose you are outside your home and an earthquake strikes. What precautions would you take to protect yourself ?
The precautions that we would take to protect ourselves from the earthquakes are:
- Take shelter under a table and stay there till the shaking stops.
- Find a clear spot, away from buildings,trees,and overhead power lines. Drop to the ground.
- If you are in a car or a bus,do not come out. Ask the driver to drive slowly to a clear spot. Do not come out until the tremors stop.
Q12. The weather department has predicted that a thunderstorm is likely to occur on a certain day. Suppose you have to go out on that day. Would you carry an umbrella? Explain.
No, carrying an umbrella is not at all a good idea during thunderstorms. Wide object like umbrella are more prone to get stuck by lightning.
NCERT Solutions Fr Class 8 Science Chapter – 15 Q1. Which of the following cannot be charged easily by friction…
- Chhattisgarh board class 12 Exam result 2021 declared
- Order & Chaos Online 3D MMORPG Game Download
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 25-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 25-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 25-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 25th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 25-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 25.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Kolkata FF Fatafat Result today live 25.7.2021
- Agricultural Scientists Recruitment 2021: ASRB प्रशासनिक अधिकारी AO, वित्त और लेखा अधिकारी F&AO ऑनलाइन फॉर्म / अंतिम तिथि – 23.08.2021
- AP Inter 1st Year Results 2021 Date, First Year Manabadi Result
- RBSE 12th Result 2021 declared : Arts, Commerce, Science Name Wise
- TN 12th Marksheet Download 2021: Online Tamilnadu +2 Provisional Certificate
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 24-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 24-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 24-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 24th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 24-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 24.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Kolkata FF Fatafat Result today live 24.7.2021
- AP Inter 2nd Year Results 2021: (examresults.ap.nic.in) Manabadi Second Year Marks Memo
- Admit Card
- Bharkhadi Hindi
- Company Law
- Dry Fruits
- Games download
- Hindi Varnmala/हिदी वर्णमाला
- Income Tax
- latest sarkari yojana
- Learn English
- Learn Hindi
- LIC Policy
- NCERT Solutions
- Tour travel
- vart kathaye
- Vegetable & Fruit name english or hindi
- घरेलु नुस्खे
- फलों के फायदे
- सरकारी योजना
- हिंदी व्याकरण