NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Science Chapter – 18
- by Dev Bhardwaj
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Science Chapter – 18
Q1. What are the different ways in which water gets contaminated?
The different ways in which the water gets contaminated are :
- Industrial waste: The harmful chemical wastes gets released by the industries into water source.
- Sewage waste : kitchen,laundry and toilets release the waste materials and this pollutes water.
- Agricultural chemicals: Excessive amount of pesticides and fertilizers are used by the farmers for enhancing crop production. Rains and floods carry these harmful chemicals to water bodies, which results in water pollution.
Q2. At an individual level, how can you hep reduce air pollution?
The following are
- We should avoid the usage of personal cars and opt for public transport as much as possible.
- We should properly dispose of the garbage and not burn it.
- For shorter distances , avoid vehicles.
- We should control the number of emissions from household chimneys and vehicles
- We should replace our vehicle fuel,diesel and petrol by LPG and CNG.
Q3. Clear, transparent water is always fit for drinking. Comment.
No we do not agree to the statements that clean water is always fit for drinking because water might appear clean but it may contain some diseases – causing micro – organisms and several other dissolved impurities. Hence, we advise purifying the water by boiling or by any purifying system before drinking it.
Q4. You are a member of the principal body of your town. Make a list of measures that would help your town to ensure the supply of clean water to all its residents.
The following are the measures taken by us to ensure the supply of clean water to town residents:
- We clean the area area around the water pipes.
- The main water source has to be built in a clean surrounding and should be maintained properly.
- Chemical methods such as chlorination must be used for purifying water.
Q5. Explain the different between pure air and polluted air.
The composition of pure air contains 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen and 0.03% carbon dioxide. Besides these, there are some other gases like methane,argon,ozone and water vapors . The air is said to be polluted when the composition of air is alerted by the addition of harmful substances or cases such as sulphur dioxide , carbon monoxide , nitrogen dioxide and particulate matter.
Q6. Explain circumstances leading to acid rain. How does acid rain affect us?
Sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide are the type of pollutants, which are released into the atmosphere by the burning of fossils fuels like diesel and coal. These pollutants react with the water vapour present in the atmosphere to form nitric acid and sulphuric acids come down and from the acid rain.
Effects caused by the acids rain:
- It destroys the crops.
- Harmful for the building especially to those made of white marble like the Taj Mahal.
Q7. Which of the following is not a greenhouse gas?
- Carbon dioxide
- Sulphur dioxide
( d) Nitrogen
Q8. Describe the ‘Green house Effect’ in your own words.
The greenhouse effect is the cause of global warming, I.e overall increases in the temperature of the Earth. The greenhouse gases causes the greenhouse effect. Examples of greenhouse gases include methane,CO2 and water vapour. When solar radiation reaches and Earth , some radiations are absorbed by the Earth and then released back to the atmosphere . Greenhouse gases present into the atmosphere trap these radiations and donot allow the heat to leave. This helps our planet in keeping warm and thus helps in huan survival. However, an discriminate increase in level of greenhouse gases, it can lead to an excessive increase in the Earth’s temperature leading to global warming.
Q9. Prepare a brief speech on global warming. You have to deliver the speech in your class.
Do it by yourself.
Q10. Describe the threat to the beauty of the Taj Mahal.
The major threat to the Taj Mahal is the acid rain When the acid rain falls on the Taj which is completely made of marble, they react with marble to form a powder like substance which is then washed away by the rain. This phenomenon is known as Mathura oil refinery located near Agra is leading to the yellowing of Taj Mahal marble.
Q11. Why does the increased level of nutrients in the water affect the survival of aquatic organisms?
An increases in the level of nutrients in water body leads to an excessive increase in the population of algae in the water body. When these algae die, they serve as food for decomposers. A lot of oxygen is utilized in this process, consequently leading to a decreases in the level of oxygen dissolved in the water body. This , in turn, causes fishes and aquatic organisms to die.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Science Chapter – 18 Q1. What are the different ways in which water gets contaminated?…
- Chhattisgarh board class 12 Exam result 2021 declared
- Order & Chaos Online 3D MMORPG Game Download
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 25-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 25-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 25-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 25th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 25-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 25.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Kolkata FF Fatafat Result today live 25.7.2021
- Agricultural Scientists Recruitment 2021: ASRB प्रशासनिक अधिकारी AO, वित्त और लेखा अधिकारी F&AO ऑनलाइन फॉर्म / अंतिम तिथि – 23.08.2021
- AP Inter 1st Year Results 2021 Date, First Year Manabadi Result
- RBSE 12th Result 2021 declared : Arts, Commerce, Science Name Wise
- TN 12th Marksheet Download 2021: Online Tamilnadu +2 Provisional Certificate
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 24-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 24-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 24-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 24th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 24-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 24.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Kolkata FF Fatafat Result today live 24.7.2021
- AP Inter 2nd Year Results 2021: (examresults.ap.nic.in) Manabadi Second Year Marks Memo
- Admit Card
- Bharkhadi Hindi
- Company Law
- Dry Fruits
- Games download
- Hindi Varnmala/हिदी वर्णमाला
- Income Tax
- latest sarkari yojana
- Learn English
- Learn Hindi
- LIC Policy
- NCERT Solutions
- Tour travel
- vart kathaye
- Vegetable & Fruit name english or hindi
- घरेलु नुस्खे
- फलों के फायदे
- सरकारी योजना
- हिंदी व्याकरण