NCERT Solution class 6 Science Chapter-1
CHAPTER – 1
WHAT, WHERE, HOW AND WHEN?
- Match the following :
- Narmada valley i) hunting and gathering
- Magadha ii)the first big kingdom
- Garo hills iii)early agriculture
- Indus and its iv)cities about 2500 years
- Ganga valley v) the first cities
- List one major difference between manuscripts and inscriptions.
- Manuscript: The old book written by hands are called manuscript. They are usually written on palm leaf or on specially prepared bark of a tree know as birch which grows in the Himalayas.
- Inscription: Inscription are written on hard sufaces such or metal.
- Reture to Rasheeda’s question. Can you
Rasheeda’s question was how could anyone know what had happened so many years ago. There are various ways by which the people can know about the past.
- The remains left by the early man in the form of tools. Weapons, pottery, jewelery etc.
- After man had learnt the art of writing he wrote on leaves bark of the trees and even on hard material. We have been able to read the script of these people.
- Make a list of all the object that archaeologists may find. Which of these could be made of stone ?
The archaeologists study the remains of building made of stone and brick. Painting and sculpture. They also dig in under the sufare of the earth to find tools. Weapons,pots,pans and ornaments and coin. Toll and weapons could hav been made of stone. Buildings were also made of stone.
- Why do you think ordinary men and women did not generally keep records of what they did ?
The ordinary men did not keep a reward of what they did because they did not know how to read and write. There was a specialized class of a people called ‘scribes’ who recorded all the events.
- Describe at least two ways in which you think the lives of kings would have been different from those of framers.
- King : The king led a luxurious life. He made all the decisions for the society and looked after their welfare. They led the armies in war.
- Farmes : they worked very hard to grow crops for the people. They led an ordinary life. Where he could barely fulfill his needs.