NCERT class 3 English unit 6 question answer
Class 3rd Question & Answers form (NCERT)
THE STORY OF THE ROAD
Article I. reading is fun
- What sounds do you hear on the road in the morning?
Ans.: The birds are calling softly, “Chirrup, chirrup, chirrup”. “Caw, caw, caw,” says the crow. “Says wake up wake up.” Here is someone
else now. “Tring-a-ling, Tring-a-ling.” It is the newspaper boy.
- What is the vegetable man selling?
Ans.: The vegetable man selling – “Peas, Cauliflower, cabbages, Potatoes, Cucumbers, Radishes, Carrots.”
- Why is the road annoyed with the crow?
Ans.: Crow is saying “wake up wake” so the road goes annoyed it says “Can’t you see, you foolish bird? I am wide awake.”
Article II. talk time
- Stop, Look and Listen
Stop, Look and Listen
before you cross the street.
Use your eyes, use your ears
And then use your feet.
Talk about how you would cross the road.
- Can you make the sounds which you hear when you walk on the road? Talk about them.
- Use can and cannot alternatively in the following sentences:
I __can__ hear the sound of cars.
I __can__ hear the train whistle.
I __cannot__ hear the wind blow.
I __cannot__ hear the clock.
I __can__ hear the sound of feet.
I __can__ hear the sound of moving of chairs.
I __can__ hear the dogs baking.
Article III. Song time
- Let’s sing
The wheels on the bus go round, round, round,
round, round, round, round, round, round.
The wheels on the bus go round, round, round.
all through the town.
The horn on the bus goes beep, beep, beep…
The wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish…
The money on the bus goes clink, clink, clink…
The babies on the bus go waa, waa, waa…
The driver on the bus says, “Move on back”…
The bell on the bus goes ding, ding, ding…
The windows on the bus go up and down…
Article IV. team time
- Let’s Act
I am going home in a bug.
There is a railway line alongside the road.
Look, there is a train coming.
I tell the bus driver, “Go fast!
Go faster than the train!”
But the driver slows down.
There is a railway gate.
“I am first!” it says.
- Look at the picture and write four sentences about what you see.
- I can see a tree.
- I can see an ambulance in the middle of the road.
- I can see there is a huge truck with so many tires.
- I can see a zebra crossing.