NCERT Solution class 6 Science Chapter-4
WHAT BOOKS AND BURIAL TELL US
- Match the columns
- Sukta a)well-said
- Chariots b) used in battes
- Yajna c)sacrifice
- Dasa d)slave
- Megalith e) stine boulder
- compete the sentences :
- Slaves were used for do whatever work their master wanted.
- Megaliths are found in the deccan, south India in the north-east and Kashmir.
- Stone circles or boulders on the surface were used to indicate that there were burial beneath.
- Port-holes were used for entering the burial places.
- People at Inamgaon ate barley, wheat, peas, pulses, rice , millets, fruits and seasames also animals flesh and fruits.
- In what ways are the
The books we read today different from the Rigveda because the book we use are printed while Rigveda was recited and heard rather than read. The Rigveda is in old or Vedic Sanskrit.
- What kind of evidence from burials do archaeologists use to find out whether there were social differences amongst those were buried ?
In brahmagiri, archeolgists found a skeleton buried with 33 gold beads, 2 stone beads, 4 copper bangles and one conch shell while other skeletons have only a few pots. This help archealogists to find social differences amongst those who wereburied.
- In what ways do you think that the life of a raja was different from that of a dasa or dasi?
The raja did not have captials, place or armies, nor did they collect taxes. Generally, the sons did not automatically succeed fathers as rajas. There were people who did not perform sacrifices and probebly spoke different languges. Later the term came to mean dasa or slave. Slave were men and women captured in the war. They were treated as the property as the property of the owers who could make them do any work they wanted.