NCERT Solution for class 7th English Poem-8
NCERT Solution for class 7th English Poem -8Meadow Surprises
Working with the Poem
Q 1.Read the lines in which the following phrases occur. Then discuss with your partner the meaning of each phrase in its context.
- velvet grass
- drinking straws
iii. meadow houses
- amazing mound
- fuzzy head
Ans. The velvet grass means soft grass that almost feels like fur or velvet.
Drinking straws mean that it appears as if the butterflies are sipping nectar from the flowers with the straws.
Meadow houses are a reference to several houses which inhabit the insects, birds and animals that live in the meadows. Such as burrows, nests and mounds.
The amazing mound is
Fuzzy head refers to the heads of the bright yellow flowers which have a beautiful texture.
Q 2. Which line in the poem suggests that you need a keen eye and a sharp ear to enjoy a meadow? Read aloud the stanza that contains this line.
Ans. “You may discover these yourself, if you look and listen well.”
Q 3. Find pictures of the kinds of birds, insects and scenes mentioned in the poem.
Ans. Do it yourself.
Q 4Watch a tree or a plant, or walk across a field or park at the same time everyday for a week. Keep a diary of what you see and hear. At the end of the week, write a short paragraph or a poem about your experiences. Put your writing up on the class bulletin board.
Ans. During the summers, I observed the holy Basil plant placed in the courtyard dying, due to lack of water.
Q . What is the Unit 8 Poem of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English about?
Ans. The Unit 8 Poem of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English describes the beauty of meadows. It beautifully portraits that meadows are full of surprises to people with a keen eye and sharp ears.
Q . What are a few surprises that people can notice in a meadow, as mentioned ?
Ans. When walking softly along the velvet grass and listening to the brook in the meadow, one may notice a butterfly rest upon a buttercup, a rabbit which is sitting still, a dandelion whose fuzzy head was golden days ago, burrows in the ground and a nest beneath tall grass.
Q . When can one notice a rabbit in a meadow as mentioned ?
Ans. The poet says that one may scare a rabbit, who is sitting very still while walking in a meadow. Though at first, one may not see it unless it hopes and moves away.
Q . What kind of surprise could be found while walking on the grass?
Ans. Walking on the velvety soft grass, one derives immense pleasure.
Q . Why is one unable to see a rabbit initially?
Ans. One is unable to spot a rabbit in the grass because it is sitting very still. Only when it hops, is one able to see it.
Q . What is the butterfly busy doing?
Ans. Butterfly seems to be busy in sucking nectar from the flowers. It appears as if the butterfly uses a drinking straw to do so.
NCERT Solution for class 7th English Poem -8Meadow Surprises Surprises Working with the Poem Q 1.Read the lines in which the…
- Chhattisgarh board class 12 Exam result 2021 declared
- Order & Chaos Online 3D MMORPG Game Download
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 25-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 25-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 25-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 25th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 25-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 25.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Kolkata FF Fatafat Result today live 25.7.2021
- Agricultural Scientists Recruitment 2021: ASRB प्रशासनिक अधिकारी AO, वित्त और लेखा अधिकारी F&AO ऑनलाइन फॉर्म / अंतिम तिथि – 23.08.2021
- AP Inter 1st Year Results 2021 Date, First Year Manabadi Result
- RBSE 12th Result 2021 declared : Arts, Commerce, Science Name Wise
- TN 12th Marksheet Download 2021: Online Tamilnadu +2 Provisional Certificate
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 24-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 24-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 24-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 24th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 24-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 24.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Kolkata FF Fatafat Result today live 24.7.2021
- AP Inter 2nd Year Results 2021: (examresults.ap.nic.in) Manabadi Second Year Marks Memo
- Admit Card
- Bharkhadi Hindi
- Company Law
- Dry Fruits
- Games download
- Hindi Varnmala/हिदी वर्णमाला
- Income Tax
- latest sarkari yojana
- Learn English
- Learn Hindi
- LIC Policy
- NCERT Solutions
- Tour travel
- vart kathaye
- Vegetable & Fruit name english or hindi
- घरेलु नुस्खे
- फलों के फायदे
- सरकारी योजना
- हिंदी व्याकरण