NCERT Solutions For Class 6 Science Chapter – 16
- by Dev Bhardwaj
NCERT Solutions For Class 6 Science Chapter – 16
Q1. (a) Which kind of garbage is not converted into compost by redworms ?
(b) Have you seen any other organisms besides redworms in your pit ? If yes, try to find out their names. Draw pictures of them.
- The garbage which contains pieces of cloth, broken glass, aluminium wrappers, polythene bags , nails , broken toys , and old shoes cannot be converted into compost by red worms.
- A pit might contain other soil microbes such as bacteria , other species of earthworms such as branding worm and red wiggle worm.
- Is garbage disposal the responsibility only of the government?
- Is it possible to reduce problems relating to the disposal of garbage ?
- Proper disposal of garbage should be a concern of every citizen, and not just of the government. Each and every individual must reduce activities that pollute the environment. A lot of waste is generated from homes , offices,schools,hospitals,etc It includes food waste , paper , plastic , glass , metal , etc. Therefore , it is required that every individual must reduce the production of wastes and must help in the proper disposal of these wastes.
- Yes , it is possible to reduce problems related to disposal garbage. Here are some steps that can be observed by every individual to reduce the problem of garbage disposal.
- Avoid using plastics bags. Encourage shopkeepers to use paper bags or always carry a cloth or jute bag while shopping.
- Save paper . Use both sides of paper to write.
- Use separate bins for recyclable and non – recyclable waste.
- Kitchen waste that includes fruit and vegetables peels, waste food , tea leaves , etc. Can be used to make manure.
- Encourage your family,friends and other to follow proper disposal practice.
Q3. (a) What do you with left over food at home ?
( b ) If you and your friends are given the choice of eating in a plastic plate or a banana leaf platter at a party, which one would you prefer and why ?
- Left over food can be collected and used to make compost provides nutrients essential for the growth and development of plants.
- We would prefer to eat food in a banana leaf platter. This is because a leaf platter is a harmless substances that can be used to make manure by the process of compositing whereas plastic plates cannot be converted into harmless substances by compositing. They remain in the environment and create many problems.
Q4. (A) Collect pieces of different kinds of paper. Find out which of these can be recycled.
( b ) With the help of a lens look at the pieces of paper you collected for the above question. Do you see any difference in the material of a recycled paper and a new sheet of paper?
- All type of paper can be recycled.
- It is impossible to find out the differences between a recycled and a new sheet of paper. However it is believed that recycled paper is usually of low quality.
Q5. a) Collect different kinds of packaging material. What was the purpose for which each one was used? Discuss in groups.
b ) Given an example in which packaging could have been reduced?
- Write a story on how packaging increases the amount of garbage.
- The different kinds of packaging materials commonly used includes:
- Plastic bags for carrying eatables or other household things.
- Cloth or jute bags for carrying fruits , vegetables , or other groceries.
- Paper bags for carrying small groceries, packaging of food etc.
- The usage of plastic bags must be reduced as packaging of cooked food items in plastic bags might affect our health. Also, plastic bags are non – recyclable and burning of plastics bags may release harmful gases that can cause many health diseases.
- Packaging increases the amount of garbage as we keep on throwing the packaging materials carelessly on roads and other places. Also , since these packaging materials are non – recyclable , they keep lying roads cannot be properly disposed off. Sometimes , they get into drains and sewer systems and block them, creating more problems.
Q6. Do you think that it is better to use compost instead of chemical fertilizers ? Why ?
Yes, it is better to use compost instead of chemical fertilizers This is because compost is prepared from plant and animal wastes , therefore, it easily gets decomposed. It does not add any harmful chemicals to the soil, whereas an excessive use of chemical fertilizers cause soil and water pollution.
NCERT Solutions For Class 6 Science Chapter – 16 Q1. (a) Which kind of garbage is not converted into compost…
- RPSC RAS Recruitment 2021: 988 रिक्तियों के लिए अधिसूचना जारी / अंतिम तिथि – 27.08.2021(postpone)
- UKSSSC Recruitment 2021: कार्टोग्राफर और सर्वेयर ऑनलाइन फॉर्म / अंतिम तिथि – 16.09.2021
- NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Math Chapter – 7 Exercise – 7.1
- NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Math Chapter – 5 Exercise – 5.1
- NCERT Solutions For Class 10 MATH Chapter – 7 Exercise – 7.2
- NCR RRC Recruitment 2021: प्रयागराज अपरेंटिस ऑनलाइन फॉर्म / अंतिम तिथि – 01.09.2021
- CBSE 10th Result 2021 Date-Latest News On CBSE 10 Result
- NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Math Chapter – 6 Exercise – 6.6
- JAC 12th Result 2021: Date, Jharkhand Board Arts Science Commerce
- Kamika Ekadashi 2021: सावन मास की पहली एकादशी 4 अगस्त को है जाने शुभ मुहूर्त और पारण का समय
- Mata Laxmi Upay लक्ष्मी माता की कृपा पाने केलिए इन 10 उपाय करने वाले हो जाते है. मालामाल।
- GSEB HSC Result 2021: Date Arts, Commerce , Topper List
- MP Board 12th Result 2021: Class 12 Result Declared
- CPCB Recruitment 2021: निजी सचिव और वरिष्ठ तकनीकी पर्यवेक्षक पद / अंतिम तिथि – 30.08.2021
- Ministry of Defence Recruitment 2021: 458 ट्रेड्समैन मेट, जोए, एमए पदों के लिए आवेदन करें / अंतिम तिथि – 06.08.2021
- Rajshree Lottery Result today live 29-07-2021
- Mizoram State Lottery Today live 29-7-2021
- Arunchal pradesh lottery result live 29-7-2021
- Sunlott Lottery Result Today 29th July 2021
- Kerala lottery result today 29-7-2021
- Lottery Sambad 29.07.2021 result 11.55 AM/ 4 pm/ 8 PM
- Admit Card
- Bharkhadi Hindi
- Board Results
- Company Law
- Dry Fruits
- Games download
- Hindi Varnmala/हिदी वर्णमाला
- Income Tax
- latest sarkari yojana
- Learn English
- Learn Hindi
- LIC Policy
- NCERT Solutions
- Tour travel
- vart kathaye
- Vegetable & Fruit name english or hindi
- घरेलु नुस्खे
- फलों के फायदे
- सरकारी योजना
- हिंदी व्याकरण