NCERT class 4 English units7 question answer
A Watering Rhyme
Reading is fun
- What is the best time to water the plants?
Ans.: The best time to watering plants is early in the morning as well as in the evening.
- When should we not water the plants?
Ans.: During the day.
- Which part of the plants should be watered?
Ans.: The roots of the plants should be watered
Place letters in their right order to form the name of flowers.
PAETEES SWEET PEA
- You have visited your school garden and seen different kinds of plants, shrubs and tree. This grid has the names
POD, LEAF, STEM, ROOTS, THORNS, BRANCHES and FLOWERS as fast as you can – Vertically, Horizontally and diagonally.
- What happens when we water plants in the morning? Choose one answer.
(a) They will grow well.
(b) They will dry up.
Ans.: (a) They will grow well
- From where do flowers get water?
(a) From the bottom top (roots)
(b) From the top (leaves).
Ans.: (a) From the bottom (roots)
- Pick out the silent letters from these words
Hour Knit wrong doubt
Often Know night could
Write knife high walk
- Write rhyming words for the words given below. One has been done for you.
(a) Morning _evening_ (b) Car _Bar_
(c) High _Fly_ (d) Boots _Roots_
(e) Heat _Beat_ (f) where _There_
- Words like morning, evening, watering end in ing. Write six more words to which ing can be added at the end to form a new word.
(a) Laugh + ing = Laughing
(b) Jump + ing = Jumping
(c) Go + ing = Going
(d) Play + ing = Playing
(e) Sing + ing = Singing
(f) Cook + ing = Cooking
- Look for words in the poem which sound like the words given below.
(a) Are _Jar_
(b) There _Fair_
(c) Flour _Door_
(d) Where _Here_
(e) Son _Run_
(f) Threw _Brew_
- In the sentence below the capital letter, comma, full stop and question marks are missing. Put these in the correct places.
(a) On Monday I will go school
(b) Rahim Ravi and Raju are going to see the circus
(c) Sita where are you looking
(d) The tailor went to the market mr Singh
(e) Every Sunday I go for walk have breakfast read story books listen to music and watch television
(f) Laxmi why are you crying
(g) What is the colour of the sky
(h) Orange Mangoes Bananas and papayas are fruits
Ans.: (a) On Monday, I will go school.
(b) Rahim, Ravi and Raju are going to see the circus.
(c) Sita, where are you looking?
(d) The tailor went to the market Mr. Singh.
(e) Every Sunday, I go for walk, have breakfast, read story books, listen to music and watch television.
(f) Laxmi, why are you crying?
(g) What is the colour of the sky?
(h) Orange, Mangoes, Bananas and papayas are fruits.