NCERT Solution for class 7 English Chapter 3
NCERT Solution for class 7 English Chapter 3 Gopal and the Hilsa – Fish
Q 1. Why did the king want no more talk about the Hilsa – fish ?
Ans. The king did not want to listen any more talk about the hilsa – fish because everyone in the entire kingdom kept talking only about the hilsa – fish and his irritated the king.
Q 2. What did the king ask gopal to do to prove that he was clever ?
Ans. The king asked gopal to prove that he was elever so that while gopal was on his challenge, he would try as much as possible that people didn’t speak anything about the hilsa – fish .
Q 3. What did the king ask Gopal do before he went to buy hilsa – fish ?
Ans. The three things that Gopal did before he went to buy his hilsa – fish were :
- He half – shaved his face.
- He smeared ash on his body.
iii. He wore rags.
Q 4. How did Gopal get inside the palace to see the king after he had bought the fish ?
Ans. when he reached the palace, he told the guards that he wanted to meet the king. The guards stopped him from going inside. Gopal began to sing and dance loudly. The king heard the noise and ordered to get the man inside the place. That’s bow be got inside the palace.
Q 5. Explain why no one seemed to be interested in talking about the hilsa – fish which gopal had bought.
Ans. The reason why no one seemed to be interested in talking about the hilsa – fish which gopal had bought was that people were more surprised by his appearance – half – shaved face, ash on the body and rugs instead of proper clothes. This made them wonder what had happened to him.
Q 6. Write “True” or “False” against each of the following sentences.
- The king lost his temper easily. _____
- Gopal was a madman. _____
iii. Gopal was a elever man. _____
- Gopal was to poor to afford decent clothes. _____
- The king got angry when he was shown to be wrong. ______
- The king lost his temper easily. True
- Gopal was a madman. False
iii. Gopal was a clever man. True
- Gopal was too poor to afford decent clothes. False
- The king got angry when he was shown to be wrong. False
working with Language
Q 1. Notice how in a comic book, there are no speech marks when characters talk. Instead what they say is put in a speech ‘bubble’. However, if we wish to repeat or ‘report’ what they say, we must put it into reported speech.
Change the following sentences in the story to reported speech. The first one has been done for you.
For e,g, i. How much did you pay for that hilsa?
The woman asked the man how much he had paid for that hilsa.
- Why is your face half-shaven?
Gopal’s wife asked him _________________.
iii. I accept the challenge, Your Majesty.
Gopal told the king _________________.
- I want to see the king.
Gopal told the guards _________________.
- Bring the man to me at once.
The king ordered the guard _________________.
- Gopal’s wife asked him why his face was half-shaven.
iii. Gopal told the king that he accepted the challenge.
- Gopal told the guards that he wanted to see the king.
- The king ordered the guard to bring the man to him at once.
Q 2. Find out the meaning of the following words by looking them up in the dictionary. Then use them in sentences of your own.
|Challenge; mystic; comical; courtier; smearing|
Ans. Challenge: Radhika challenged Kshama for the debate competition.
Mystic: The Gods are considered to be mystic.
Comical: Shinchan is a comical character.
Courtier: The courtier had to obey the orders of the king.
Smearing: Smearing oil before playing holi helps in getting the colour off the skin easily.
NCERT Solution for class 7 English Chapter 3 Gopal and the Hilsa – Fish Q 1. Why did the king want…
- Sarkari latest jobs 2021/ सरकारी नौकरी
- UP Barabanki District Aganwadi Recruitment 2021
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English chapter 10the story of cricket
- Russia Sputnik V Registration In India, vaccine
- KV Admission List 2021-22 : Class 1 लॉटरी ड्रा
- NCERT Solution for class 7th English Poem-8
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English chapter 8Fire
- NCERT Solution for class 7th English Chapter 9
- NCERT Solutions for class 7 English Poem 9Garden Snake
- Pmgky प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण अन्न योजना
- HBSE 10th Result 2021
- Covid Vaccine Free In India for All 18+ age
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi yojana List 2021
- Vat Savitri vart 2021 वट सावित्री
- Namo tablet yojana online registration
- UPSC NDA 2 Notification out online
- RPSC SI Recruitment 2021 : सब इंस्पेक्ट
- NCERT Class 7 English Book pdf Download Honeycomb
- PM garib kalyan yojana 2021
- CISF Notification 2021:- Recruitment
- Ayurveda treatment cost